he school year will be coming to a close before we know it! We want to take this opportunity to remind you of the importance of getting your Medicaid documentation completed and submitted to MSB before practitioners leave for summer break. Please remind your practitioners to post all of their Lumea sessions before they leave for vacation. This will allow MSB to maximize all potential billing opportunities for any staff who will not be returning next year. This will also allow returning staff to start off next school year with current documentation rather than having to get caught-up. These last few weeks will be very busy for everyone, so please make sure this important task is on everyone’s radar screen with high priority.
End of year Lumea checklist:
- Service Providers have logged and submitted/posted all sessions for Medicaid covered services provided. If a session has not occurred as scheduled, Service Providers must either delete the session, or mark the student as Not Present and Submit/Post.
- Forwarded all logs and invoices received from Out of District facilities to your Claims Analyst
- Administrators have assigned all Service Providers Requiring Professional Oversight the appropriate Team Leader
- Team Leaders have reviewed and posted sessions for those service providers in their Team Leader caseloads
- Administrators have performed Student Identity Verification (if service providers have permission to add new students to Lumea) so these pending students are made active and are billable
- Administrators have set the “Okay to Bill Medicaid” toggle to yes for all students to be released for billing
- Administrators have updated the District of Liability fields
- Administrators have updated the Parental Consent Date fields, if tracking through Lumea
- Update the school year calendar with any snow days
For a complete list, please do not hesitate to contact your Program Specialist.