It’s time to gather your RMTS information for all staff participating in the School-Based Medicaid time study for the 3rd Quarter of FY 2016 (01/01/16 – 03/31/16). If MSB serves as your RMTS Coordinator, you should already have received our email notification.
For all others, please be reminded that there are two new fields this year: New Hire Date and Actual Job Title. Please fill in the New Hire Date only when adding a brand new participant. However, you must complete the Actual Job Title field for all participants. Any data provided in these fields last quarter will be included in the Extract File that you will pull as the first step in this process.
Also, please be sure to exclude staff from the time study who are already claimed through the application of the indirect cost rate. Reference School-Based Medicaid Program Bulletin #28, July 2015 for further information.
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING ABA PROVIDERS: As you are aware, MassHealth expanded the program effective 10/1/15 to include staff who are providing ABA services to students with autism spectrum disorders. Please note that the grace period for these providers to obtain the new state ABA or AABA license ends 1/6/16. Therefore, as of 1/6/16, any staff who does is not one of the following should be removed from participation in the RMTS because they will no longer be considered a Medicaid-qualified provider for reimbursement purposes:
- MA licensed Applied Behavior Analyst (ABA)
- MA licensed Assistant Applied Behavior Analyst (AABA) working under the supervision of an ABA or other licensed professional providing applied behavioral analysis (“aba”) services within the scope of their licensure
- MA Licensed physician providing “aba” within the scope of his or her licensure;
- MA Licensed psychologist providing “aba” within the scope of his or her licensure;
- MA Licensed psychiatrist providing “aba” within the scope of his or her licensure
Further details are provided in School-Based Medicaid Program Bulletin #29
As you did last quarter, you will need to complete the process of uploading your participant information directly into the RMTS system no later than December 4, 2015.
For your reference, we have attached a copy of the valid job descriptions list, the Quick Guide for uploading RMTS Participants, and the Hints and Tips for Uploading RMTS Participants. In order to obtain the most current information in our system, you must pull your File Extract for 3rd QUARTER FY16.