As a reminder, The Speech and Language Therapy service option should only be used when providing individual or group sessions. When providing a Speech and Language Evaluation or Consultation, speech/language providers should select from the appropriate options available in Lumea™ (provided below). If the evaluation or consultation does not fall under one of these codes, speech/language providers may select the “Non-Billable Speech Service” option.
- SL—Behavioral and qualitative analysis of voice and resonance
- SL— Consultation of behavioral and qualitative analysis of voice and resonance
- SL— Consultation of Speech Fluency
- SL— Consultation of Speech Sound Production
- SL – Consultation of Speech Sound Production w/consultation of language comprehension and expression
- SL – Evaluation of Speech Fluency
- SL – Evaluation of Speech Sound Production
- SL – Evaluation of Speech Sound Production with evaluation of language comprehension and expression
It is our understanding that all of the codes provided by DHHS may not cover all of the evaluations and consultations provided, but it is imperative that the Speech and Language Therapy service code only be selected when providing direct speech/language therapy to groups or individuals. We are continuing to communicate with DHHS about the consultations and evaluations that fall outside of the codes above.
Please contact your Program Specialist with any questions.