The school year will be coming to a close before we know it! We want to take this opportunity to remind you of the importance of getting your Medicaid documentation completed and submitted to MSB before practitioners leave for summer break. Please remind your practitioners to post all of their Lumea sessions before they leave for vacation. This will allow MSB to maximize all potential billing opportunities for any staff who will not be returning next year. This will also allow returning staff to start off next school year with current documentation rather than having to get caught-up. These last few weeks of school will be very busy for everyone, so please make sure this important task is on everyone’s radar screen with high priority.
End of year Lumea checklist:
- Service Providers have logged and submitted/posted all sessions for Medicaid covered services provided. If a session has not occurred as scheduled, Service Providers must either delete the session, or mark the student as Not Present and Submit/Post.
- Forwarded all Specialized Transportation and Out of District logs and invoices received from Transportation vendors and Out of District facilities to your Claims Analyst and update OOD/Program Placement information in Lumea
- Administrators have assigned all Service Providers Requiring Professional Oversight the appropriate Team Leader
- Team Leaders have reviewed and posted sessions for those Service Providers in their Team Leader caseloads
- Administrators have performed Student Identity Verification (if Service Providers have permission to add new students to Lumea) so these pending students are made active and sessions may be billed
- Administrators have set the “Okay to Bill Medicaid” toggle to yes for all students for whom they would like to release billing, if all required documentation is in place
- Administrators have updated the District of Liability fields
- Administrators have updated the Parental Consent Date fields, if tracking through Lumea
- Update the school year calendar with any snow days
- Update 402 cap dates and send facility invoice to your Claims Analyst
Click here for additional Lumea “Spring Cleaning” items to ensure your Lumea account is in good shape before the beginning of next school year.